Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into small floret pieces
- 1 large red pepper chopped into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp. good quality extra virgin olive oil or melted cold pressed coconut oil
- Himalayan salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ½ medium onion diced
- 2 large carrots chopped into small pieces
- 3 stalks of celery chopped into small pieces
- 3-4 inch piece of fresh ginger grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Zest of one lime
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup white wine
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- ½ can coconut milk
- Juice of half a fresh lime
- Optional Toppings:
- Fresh basil
- Fresh cilantro
- Diced green onions
- Hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet pan. Add the cauliflower and peppers to a medium-large size bowl. Toss with 1½ Tbsp. of the oil along with salt pepper and fresh rosemary (leaves only, removed from stalks). Spread evenly onto the sheet pan and bake until the vegetables are tender (about 25 minutes).
- While the vegetables are cooking in the oven, place a large Dutch oven/pot on the stove on medium heat. Add the remaining oil to the pot. Once the oil is heated, add the onion and a touch of salt. Allow to cook for about 3-4 minutes until the onion becomes translucent. Add the carrots, celery, salt and pepper. Sauté for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables begin to brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger, spices and lime zest. Stir to coat the vegetables and cook for 1-2 minutes. Raise the heat to medium high. Pour in the white wine and continuously stir. Allow the wine to condense until it has almost fully evaporated. Add ½ the broth and allow it to reduce by about ½ (about 7-10 minutes). Stir frequently.
- Add the coconut milk, remaining broth and roasted cauliflower and peppers. Stir to combine. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the fresh lime juice. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Place in a heavy duty blender, such as a Vitamix. Blend all the ingredients until a smooth texture is reached. Taste to see if you need to add salt and pepper. Ladle into a soup bowl and top with any of the optional ingredients. Enjoy!
Please follow and like me: