Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Curry and Coconut
I have been working on perfecting this soup for a couple months and I am happy to tell you that I did it! I really love roasted butternut squash! This time of year it is very comforting. I hope you will give this soup a try. xo
- 1½ Tbsp. high heat oil such as grapeseed, coconut, red palm oil or ghee
- 2 Tbsp. good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Shallot diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4½ cups butternut squash (about 1 medium), peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced small
- 3 Celery stalks, diced small
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. Pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 can reduced fat coconut milk (good quality)
- Optional Toppings: Basil, Parsley, Hemp Seeds or Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place the cubes of butternut squash in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the squash and sprinkle with Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper. Mix the oil, salt, pepper and the squash together. Place the squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the squash for about 25-30 minutes.
- Heat your high heat oil on medium heat in a medium-large pot on the stove. Once the oil has heated, add the onion, carrots and celery to the pot, Sauté for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften and the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the curry powder to the vegetables and stir to incorporate. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup of the stock, the garlic and the salt and pepper to the pot and stir to deglaze. Allow the stock to reduce by half (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add the remaining stock to the pot. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and the roasted butternut squash. Transfer the soup to a heavy duty blender such as a Vitamix and puree until it has a smooth and creamy texture.
- Add the toppings of your choice and Enjoy!
Please follow and like me: